Saturday, December 4, 2010

3rd loss of the year and in a row!!! ouch!!

Played last night against Herning who is one of the better teams in the league and have beaten us twice this year. Both games were tight and we deserved to win but our PP (powerplay) has been struggling a bit and we cant seem to put pucks in the back of the net. Also we are battling some injuries right now. The leading point scorer last year in the league is hurt right now with a back injury that he got in Italy. Plus we got rid of one of our imports that was here briefly on a tryout but he left to go to Sweden. He was a great addition but the rumor was we couldnt afford him, so he left. We are struggling a bit but the team isnt too worried and there are rumors that we will be getting another import before the trade dead line. Hopefully a new addition will spark back up our team and we can get back on track. We play tomorrow at home again against another tough team. I believe they are in 3rd place catching up quick!!! Should be another tight game.

On a good note, I was voted Player of the month and was given an award for my effort this past month. I got a trophy and tickets to the movie theater. I gave the tickets to my Danish line mate because the theater is in Danish, so I wont be going anytime soon.

                     The two pictures below are photos of me getting banged up. One where I was crushed into the boards head first. I hurt my hip on that one. The other you can see me laying on the ice to the left feeling the pain. As you can see the net is off and bodys are on the ice. I went into the net hard for a rebound and scored, but the Ref called it back saying the net was off first (BS).  A player cross checked me from behind and I went flying into the net really hard. I hurt my back on the play.  Standard little injuries but nothing this 5'6'' 180 lbs beast cant handle hahah!!



1 comment:

  1. Congrats! And just so you know most of the movies are in English with Danish subtitles..maybe next time! lol

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment or ask me any questions!