Tuesday, November 16, 2010

6-1 win, comes with a price!!

Pain area!!!

Game started off just like every other game Ive played but near the end of the first period I got twisted the wrong way and my back felt like someone had stabbed me with a knife. It was my lower back that just gave out. I couldnt move much at all. I played one more shift that period as the game pretty much was over for me. When getting hurt ,while playing you always think that the pain will go away so I tried to shake it off and return for the 2nd period. I played the first shift in the 2nd period and quickly realized that I was doing my team and myself no good trying to fight this injury. I took myself off the ice and went to the locker room to get evalutated. I will get some therapy today and try to fgure out what is wrong with my back. It was very frustrating for me because a of lately I have been playing some great hockey, (well I think) plus we have 3 more games in 6 nights. As for our game on Wednesday its not looking to good for me. I got a total of 3 hours sleep last night because of all the pain I was in. The doctors gave me pain killers, but I always laugh when they give those out. I call them Mike N ikes my favorite candy, because they do nothing for me and all I want to do is take more, but we all know too much is not good for you. So the pain killers were no help and I will just have to take this injury day to day. Ill keep you updated on my status. Sports and injuries its like my new mortgage I have, once a month you know you are going to have to pay. Well im paying now!!!
On a side note I had 2 assists last night in that first period to help my team start out with a 2-0 lead.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment or ask me any questions!