Tuesday, October 19, 2010

3-2 win in shoot out!!

Still rolling without a loss (knock on wood) in regualtion.  We played well but made a few mistakes that caused our 2-0 lead to get all tied up in the 3rd. It was a tough game, physically that is. Odense the team we played ,are very physical and take lots of cheap shots. Sometimes I wish there was fighting in Europe. I say that now but who am I kidding, I've dropped the gloves maybe 3 times in my pro career.   So the game went to OT (overtime) and we had some really good chances to put the game away but after 5 Mins of OT, it went to a shootout!!!!  I was first to shoot, wait for it............ Yes I scored. I went with my usual, dip the shoulder fake back hand and shoot lower left. It was a good feeling to score in the shoot out, and to give our team the advantage from the start. Next they shot, goal. We shot, goal. They shot, goal. We shot, goal. They had the final shooter and he had to score to keep his team alive. Nope!!!! We took the win in a shootout. It was a tough road game but Coach was happy with our shootout win. Our next game is Friday against my buddy from college Steve Birnstil. Need to win that game to have some bragging rights!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment or ask me any questions!