Saturday, October 30, 2010

Big win ends in a shoot out.

Once again we dominated the game but were forced to overtime/shoot out.  Starting the game my line was buzzing around creating tons of chances, one of which we capitalized on, but the ref called it back because man in the crease (later we looked on the video, nobody was in crease ughhh).   First period ended in a 1-1 tie. My first shift in the second period will be a goal I'll remember forever. It was the prettiest goal I have ever scored. I got the puck in our D-zone and skated up the ice toedragging the puck around one d-man and than went wide and cut in tight on the goalie, putting it blocker side. It might not sound that great but its something that I told my teammates after, that most likely you wont see that again. I was amazed that I actually pulled it off. It was highlight material (tooting my of horn, yess!!).  2-1 now going into the third with a lead and looking like we could pull away with the game but shortly into the third it was 2-2.  Overtime was closing in and then a shootout. I went in the shoot out again and low and behold, my usual move worked (cant say what it was might have some goalie  blog followers hahah).  We won the game!!!!
we now have 10 wins 2 shoot out wins and 1 shoot out loss. Still undefeated in regualtion!!!
Also you can see another call, the Ref missed. Yes that is a stick hitting me clear in the face!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment or ask me any questions!