Thursday, January 20, 2011

Meet my New Line Mates!!

Finally some guys that are close to my size in height. In the picture above are my two new line mates. Dejan Matejic on the left is an import from Sweden that was the top scorer in the league last year. He is a highly skilled forward that when controlling the puck will always make something happen. He is very dangerous with the puck.  Dejan has great patience all over the ice and it’s the first time I’ve played with him. It’s been nothing but good things thus far.  To my right in the picture is Kim Lykkeskov, who I’ve played with before. Kim is a local player that is one of the best Danish players in Denmark. He has NHL speed and creates space for guys like Dejan and myself. Kim is our captain and is an icon of Sonderjyske hockey. Kim has all the tools to be the best player in the league. He shows up every night competing and making it frustrating for our opponents.  It’s fun playing with these two outstanding hockey players. Hopefully coach keeps us together!!!  If Stormy and Carlsen are reading this blog, no hard feelings guys hahaha. 

This past weekend we played in Belarus for the Continental Cup and many of our fans made the trip supporting Sonderjyske Hockey. It was amazing to see how dedicated our fans were. After the Bronze Medal game all players recieved medals. I thought it would be a nice gesture to give my medal to a fan that supported us in Minsk Belarus. So after last nights game I gave one of our fans my medal I recieved in the tournament.  Some might think why did  you do that, but I will never forget that experience and the medal is something that I feel our fans deserve. They are some of the best fans Ive encounterd in  my 4 years of playing in Europe. I'm thankful for their support and dedication to Sonderjyske Hockey!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment or ask me any questions!