Saturday, August 28, 2010

Danish Beer, Tuborg.



Yesterday was a practice that everyone was looking forward to, strictly because the new imports (me) had to buy beer for the entire team to enjoy after practice. The guys on the team told me they do this every year, where the new guys buy beer for everyone. I still think that they are pulling my leg, oh well. So I asked the Danish guys what beer I should buy, most of them said Tuborg or Carlsberg. Ive had Carlsberg before so I chose Tuborg.  Tuborg is a Danish brewing company founded in 1873 by Carl Frederik Tietgen. Since 1970 it has been part of Carlsberg. The brewery was founded in Hellerup, a northern suburb of Copenhagen.
So after practice, sitting in smelly hockey equipment and drinking beers with all the guys while listening to the Danish music, it was off to the towns end of the summer, tent party.  To get into the  tent party you pay a ticket of 150 danish Krone (25$), which covers your dinner. Oh yeah we missed dinner so I paid 25$ for nothing. After getting settled a table with some of the guys I made my way up to the bar, buying a pitcher of beer. "That will be 180 Krone please". Quickly I do the math, that is 30$. I walk away and think to myself did the stupid American just get ripped off. I thought back to my college days where I paid 6$ for a pitcher of beer, and still I was upset. So I walk over to the table and asked the Danish guys is it really 180 Krone for pitcher. Yeap!!!!  I drank my beer very slowly and enjoyed every sip after that.  I won't say how many pitchers I bought last night. It was a fun night out in Vojens Denamrk!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment or ask me any questions!