Friday, September 17, 2010

1st game 1st win!!


First off I just want to say thanks to all family and friends for watching the game on the Internet tonight.  For those who watched, it was a roller coaster of a hockey game as my buddy Kenny Turano told me a few minutes ago on skype, who watched it from work.  It was for sure an exciting game for the fans as they were entertained with 14 goals combined. At one point we had a 5-0 lead and it looked as though the game was going to be a breeze. Rolling into the 3rd period it was 6-3 us, and the very first shift they scored to make it 6-4. Two shifts later it was 6-5. At this point our team was a bit timid in making the plays that got us that 5-0 lead. Hockey is a funny sport sometimes. You get a lead like we did  5-0, you start trying different things and playing in ways that you usually don't, which in our case resulted in a much closer game than needed.  Overall I was happy with my play .I was on the ice for 5 of our 8 eight goals and came a way with one apple (assist).  The main objective tonight was to come away with a "W" and we did just that. Even though we won, its unacceptable to give up 6 goals in a hockey game. Last year this team averaged only 2 goals against the entire year.  Coach was a bit passive tonight on the bench, which is unusual, but later after the game I was told he was mike'd up because it was a TV game hahaha. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment or ask me any questions!